This is such a wonderful holiday - so far unaffected by hype. It's just about counting your blessings. So, without further adieu (how do you spell that?)
I Am Thankful For:
1. my husband, Brent - for his steadfast perseverance and witty humor.
2. my sweet daughters, Grace and Hope, for motivating me every day to be a better mom.
3. my awesome parents, Bob and Dianne, for modeling everything good I would need for life.
4. my Jesus - for loving me.
5. my in-laws, Tibby and Dennis, for caring for me as though I were their true daughter.
6. my sisters, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law for laughing with me and always being a phone call away.
7. my job, for giving me a way to be involved in teaching but also attentive to the girls.
8. blogging and "facebooking" - a fun and easy way to keep in touch with great friends.
9. friends and girls' reunions :)
10. a cozy, warm bed
11. Westmont College community - for combining commitments to learning and Christ.
12. First Baptist Church of Scottsdale for being my church home for over 25 years and daring to show people they matter to God.
13. our country - freedom
14. good books that teach me something new
15. butterscotch crumb apple pie
16. turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing smothered in gravy
17. music and its ability to minister to my soul
18. Beth Moore's insightful Bible studies
19. hospitals and doctors with the latest medical treatments
20. cute shoes
21. fun jeans and tops
22. the beach
23. sunrises
24. rainbows
25. fun haircuts
26. our dogs - and the opportunity to show them love.
27. TV & movies - they're relaxing.
28. sex :) - Did I really just write that? tee hee - now I'm embarrassed.
29. my car - good gas mileage - plus anything to change the subject from #28 :)
30. good pictures that capture memories
31. weddings
32. funerals
33. births
34. family vacations
35. prayer
7 comments:
Love your list! I'm thankful for a great cousin who has always been a super role model for me. Have a great Thanksgiving!! :)
Love,
Kim
PS I think your #28 is hilarious!
Aaah Kimmer! I'm thankful for you - you're an awesome lady
Kisses to your fam
I'm still blushing over my #28 :)
but hey blogging must be authentic!
I am thinking that I need to start being more "authentic" in my blogs. But, being as my husband is a public servant, and his kids sometimes see our blog, I have to keep it fairly "G." :)
yes, yes - very wise :-)
Haha, love the list. Especially 28, way to be honest! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Miss you cuz!
Your dear mother informed us that it's not "sex", it's "making love". This converstation took place in a Spokane restaurant right around the time of our wedding. You can imagine we blushed mightily!
OH My gosh - that's funny! Leave it to Aunt Dianne to have "the talk" before the wedding :-)
Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment